[CentOS] hi CentOS

Wed May 25 16:06:02 UTC 2011
Benjamin Franz <jfranz at freerun.com>

On 05/25/2011 08:54 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 05/25/11 8:52 AM, tronnw at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello CentOS it took a ... (spamcrap deleted)
> geez, all my email lists are getting hit with this sort of spam.
> becoming quite annoying, the way the list servers filter on the 'from'
> address has become inadequate :(

The problem is the defacto standardized address obfuscation on the
mailman web archive is easily reversible. All it takes is someone with
the interest to write an automated 'use this address to email this
mailman list' bot. The From addresses need to be rendered irreversibly
unusable for email when displayed on the web archive to prevent that
from happening.

--
Benjamin Franz