[CentOS] calendar

Thu May 26 21:21:05 UTC 2011

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane wrote:
>> Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
>
>> CentOS does what RHEL does, and RHEL 5.x *only* provides thunderbird
>> 2.x.Further, in Linux, they do build seperately for 64 bit vs. 32 bit.
>>
> I was going to suggest loading the 32bit version like you can do for
> Firefox, and then when I looked I noticed that only the 64bit version of
> thunderbird is placed in the x86_64 portion of the repo.

<snip of good ideas>

> 	1) see if your boss has a problem with you having to remember to
> update thunderbird from the i386 updates directory.
> 	2) see if you could (gently) convince the centos guys to put it
> also in one of the centosplus or extras x86_64 portions of the repo. [I
<snip>
Would be nice. Trouble is, we've got what, 60? 70? people in the division
who have Linux workstations, and then rolling it all out, and no one wants
to deal with 32-bit apps on 64 bit systems (we won't mention
npviewer<segv><segv<segv>)....

Lightening and lightening-exchange looked really good....

           mark