[CentOS] calendar

Fri May 27 17:09:04 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 5/27/2011 11:51 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> <snip>
>>
>>> I think you are talking about remote desktop implementation, and he
>>> about nVidia drivers not showing picture/image/overlay from Remote
>>> desktop server.
>>
>> The term 'Remote desktop' usually refers specifically to the MS-windows
>> implementation, where NX/freenx are just X applications with some
> <snip>
> Yep, that's what I thought you meant. This is not the case here - I have
> dozens of folks running personal workstations, all running CentOS
> natively, and *not* dual boot, so it is Linux drivers that have to work.

Still a separate issue from running thunderbird or any other single app
remotely.  From your workstation, does 'ssh -Y rh_6_box thunderbird' do
something reasonable?  I suppose you would end up having to automount
the users own home directories there to send/download file attachments
with the locations they'd expect but that sort of thing is why we have
networks.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com