[CentOS] BIND9 - automatic zone definition replication to slave

Tue May 31 08:41:47 UTC 2011
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

Martin Šťastný writes:
> Hello,
>
> I have simple question - is there a way to automatically replicate zone
> definition (not zone itself - this is easy) to slave server using BIND9? Is
> it BIND built-in or are there prebuilt scripts? Or I have to write that
> script on my own (started by Cron, transfer file with zone names, create
> conf file and finallly restart BIND?)?

 Check out incron from rpmforge. Together with rsync and possibly a bit of
 custom scripting it should be perfect.

 I would not rsync config files directly into place, but use a staging area,
 watched by incron on the other end, so that a custom script could do some
 integrity checking before applying the update.