[CentOS] the tag Obsoletes: in spec files

Tue May 31 14:27:49 UTC 2011
Philippe Naudin <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr>

Le mar 31 mai 2011 15:31:17 CEST, Simon Matter a écrit:

> > How exactly to use the tag "Obsoletes:" in a spec file ?
> >
> > I need to offer texlive to users on Centos-5.6, so I packaged it (based
> > on a Mandriva src.rpm), and that works.
> >
> > But I want rpm to *replace* tetex by texlive, instead of just adding
> > texlive, when users do a :
> > $ yum install texlive
> > (we have a local repo here).
> >
> > So I added this line in texlive.spec :
> > Obsoletes:  tetex
>
> Does your package provide tetex? If not, use
>
> Provides: tetex

Hello John and Simon,

And thanks for your answers !

Here is what I have tried :
Provides:	tetex = %{version}
Obsoletes:	tetex < %{version}

But it doesn't help, yum is ready to install texlive but doesn't
remove tetex.

tetex is required by :
$ rpm -q --whatrequires tetex
tetex-latex-3.0-33.8.el5_5.6
jadetex-3.12-15.el5
texinfo-tex-4.8-14.el5

jadetex and tetex-latex are also obsoleted/provided in the same way
than tetex, and texinfo-tex is happy working with texlive.

Other suggestions ?

--
Philippe