[CentOS] VirtualBox on CentOS 6.0?

Brett Serkez bserkez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:03:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Roy Trubshaw <roy.trubshaw at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> - Here's a relatively complete description on turning VirtualBox into a
> service under Redhat/Centos/Fedora (
> http://www.kernelhardware.org/virtualbox-auto-start-vm-centos-fedora-redhat/
> ).

Using VB 4.1.x under CentOS 6 to run CentOS 5 & 6 and WindowsXP guest VMs
without issue.  Be sure to read the comments on the above link, the script
needs some minor adjustments.

Being able to copy guest VMs between Linux and Windows Hosts supports a
robust development and fall back environment.

While I have noticed a few minor issues with VB, overall it has been
stable.  The issues I've noticed are occasional screen paint issues using
seamless mode and there is no way to delete a snapshot without applying the
changes from the snapshot.

Brett