[CentOS] Archive mail format?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Nov 2 23:04:19 UTC 2011

On 11/02/11 3:43 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I understand the file types and contents - but was hoping that by now
> there would be a standard file type that didn't have to be 'imported'
> to a mail reader's message store before being accessed.

well that depends on your mail program.   if they use maildir or mbox,
then you can just copy/move the appropriate format files into the apps
message store and move on.  of course, if the app has any other metadata
like indexing and you want to merge your new stuff with some existing
old stuff, you have to deal with that too.