[CentOS] Centos Firewall - router with virtual IP

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at arinet.org
Fri Nov 4 03:03:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM, KevinO <kevin at kevino.org> wrote:
>> anyways, whatever, yes, you can do it with iptables, but not all off the
>> shelf firewall script generators will support multiple LAN subnets.   I
>> usually write my own iptables rulesets.
>>
> I can say first hand that fwbuilder easily handles managing scripts for multiple
> subnets and aliased addressing on NIC's. I use separate interface cards for each
> subnet, however. (5 NIC's, 4 internal subnets, 3 public IP's on the one external
> facing NIC)

Hi Kevin,
Expanding my original question.
I have a need to open and close iptables rules based on particular
time, say 1 week later, 1 month later, etc.
Currently I have a simple script to do that:
- Create the rules.
- Create atd job to delete the rule based on the defined time.
- Log it.
It works, but not elegant :)

Does fwbuilder have that function?