[CentOS] CentOS 6 updating policy

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Nov 4 14:08:20 UTC 2011

> Vreme: 11/04/2011 02:24 PM, David McGiven piše:
>> I should be using Continous Release repository, right ?

I forgot CR explanation. CR repository is means to update gradually to
next point release because building upstream's (RH) packages with binary
compatibility became very difficult. So to avoid holding back numerous
"easy to build" packages that enhance and stabilize system, not to
mention security fixes, CentOS dev's adopted CR repository.

Note that RHEL does not have CR repo, it is specific to it's clones
(CentOS, SL).

There is discussion in process, to create dual options,
1. with CR repo enabled by default, and
2. Separate frozen poin releases (6.0 with all updates UNTIL 6.1 was
released, etc.)

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)