[CentOS] School cloud solution

Doug Coats

dcoatshca at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 00:34:09 UTC 2011

This really isn't a CentOS specific queation but that is our server OS of choice.

I manage a student file server and i would like to add cloud access to it.  Basically i would like our students to have access to the same files at home that they have at school.  This would allow them to start an asignment at home, finish it at school, and print it off without having to worry about losing their usb drive.  I want it housed on our servers for backups and ease of access for our teachers when necessary.

 I have looked at Moodle but it has way to many layers that we are not interested in. I would like something like squirrel mail.  A simple web login that then gives you access to your samba managed files.

I have repeatedly searched for such capabilities but i have not found any that fit what i outlined above.  Is there such a program out there?

Thanks for your thoughts!