[CentOS] Monitoring IO -- vmstat doesn't match snmp

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Nov 7 19:43:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, November 7, 2011 13:23, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:40 AM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, November 7, 2011 11:51, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>>> Greetings,

>> No, I haven't.  I view my problem as being TOO MANY different sources to
>> begin with :-).
>>
>> I've never heard of a "monitor" command for unix, and there isn't one on
>> this Centos installation.  I'm open to persuasion here.  And I haven't
>> looked into whether this info is directly accessible in the proc
>> filesystem or something yet either.
>
> Perhaps a yum install monitor would give you a cure.
>
> HTH.

[ddb at prc-mn-lnx01 dev]$ sudo yum install monitor
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: mirror.sanctuaryhost.com
 * centosplus: mirrors.gigenet.com
 * epel: mirrors.servercentral.net
 * extras: mirrors.serveraxis.net
 * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
 * updates: mirror.team-cymru.org
Setting up Install Process
No package monitor available.
Nothing to do

No, doesn't help.

Also, if you're claiming that the answers I get from monitor would be
correct, I'd like to understand why you think that set will be right in
preference to vmstat and snmp.

Or is it just that that's the package you're comfortable with?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info