[CentOS] coordinated NIS and LDAP servers

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Nov 10 00:14:15 UTC 2011

On 11/08/11 3:56 PM, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>> If you are set on using CentOS, I think you will need to use the RedHat IPA
>> >  product instead. But the only success stories that I am familiar with are
>> >  from the v1.x IPA product, which is old.
>> >
>> >  http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5
>> >
> I'm surprised FreeIPA isn't in EPEL.  Maybe this is because it's a
> layered product offering by RHEL?

ipa-server is in centos6 'CR' and will be in 6.1   its currently 2.0.0
which is a lot more comprehensive than 1.x was.   I do note the IPA
project is up to 2.1, maybe rpmforge or someone can start rolling these
up for us all.

I started reading about FreeIPA last night and am real interested in
firing up a test instance in my lab at work, which is an unholy mess of
linux (assorted versions), solaris, and a few windows servers.