[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Nov 10 14:22:53 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/10/2011 02:44 PM, Bob Hoffman piše:
> In closing, it is down to suse or back to centos and just pray redhat
> turns around. Maybe scientific linux.
> Ubuntu is not ready for prime time and a HUGE step backwards. It is not
> cutting edge and very insecure.
>
> So maybe centos, even if a year or two behind, is way better than ubuntu
> will ever be.

Since 6.1 is close now, I do not expect delays longer then 6 months, and
since CR repo exists most of the stuff will come to us much quicker.

ElRepo's Mainline kernel (2.6.39-4.rc6.1.el6.elrepo) was completed
yesterday, and should pose no problems with CentOS distro. That can, if
no other option exists help you with kernel/video problems.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...