[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Nov 11 03:07:30 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:33 PM, Craig White wrote:

>> 7- The install, of the virtual host, added libvirt. It did not however
>> install things like virt-install or any other virt software.
>> Infact, no guest installation tools were added, though things like virsh
>> were installed. Sigh.
>>
>> 8- The firewall and network do not have the scripts folder. You have to
>> build your own firewall file and add scripts
>> to make it over ride the stock one via the eth you want to use it
>> for....wtf?
>>
> ----
> all sorts of packages for firewall management.
>
> apt-cache search firewall | wc -l
> 152
>
> why be content with the minimal firewall tool when you actually can have a choice?

What? Those crap choices like ufw or fwbuilder? Oh, btw, if there really
was 152 blooming choices, they would on the most part be total crap.

I like how you seem to think that stuff like upsd, stone, perdition,
libiax-dev for a small sample are somehow firewall related.

Managing a firewall on Ubuntu is retarded and I have to write my own
scripts to hook into interfaces so that I can a sane set of iptables
rules loaded/unloaded without the mess from ufw/fwbuilder/whateverothercrap.