[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 04:25:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 22:07 -0600, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 08:49:33PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> >
> > I just can't embrace installing an OS whose security updates have
> > consistently lagged 3-6 months behind.
>
> You've made this point, repeatedly, for the past few months.  It's
> getting old; we are all well aware of your feelings about this.  So
> perhaps we can just let it go now?  Please?
>
> This thread is an example of what is wrong with this list.  There is
> little to no value to be had with threads of this nature.  This isn't an
> advocacy list; nor is it a list to beat about the merits of one of
> server distro versus another.
----
"If timely updates are not a key factor for you, then WBEL is a great
distro.  If timely updates are the most important thing you consider
about the distro you want, then WBEL might not be a fit for you"

http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/2004-December/004761.html

I'm not advocating for any distribution - I am sure I could probably
work with any of them.

Craig

believed to be clean.