[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Fri Nov 11 13:45:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 02:28:26PM +0100, Alain Péan wrote:

* Diatribe on Ubuntu removed *

Seriously.  This is _not_ the list for this.  Readers should not have to
wade through the morass of this thread or even spend the second or so
required to thread kill it.  It's off-topic.  This is not an advocacy
list to debate merits of one distro over another.  If you like Ubuntu,
fine - we don't need to know about it.  If you don't like CentOS, fine,
this list, however, isn't the venue to rattle on about it.

If you are unhappy with CentOS then you need to think that perhaps you
should be using something else.  And if you _are_ using something else
why bother taking up my time and that of the thousands of other list
members complaining about CentOS or expressing your various displeasures
here?

So I ask you, and all the others, to _please_ consider that the _vast_
majority of active readers of this list don't care one way or another
about opinions of CentOS vs Ubuntu or hearing, yet again, about your
displeasure with whatever is irritating you today about CentOS.

Thank you.

							John
--
Sued for what? I can see it now:
If you win, you get a hug from Stallman.

-- geekoid (135745) <dadinportland@@@yahoo...com>, Slashdot, in reference to
   claims that Emacs violated the GPL.