[CentOS] bond of bonds

Paras pradhan

pradhanparas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:15:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use Link-aggregation with redundancy between switches
that doesnot support SMLT in switches.

I have 4 network ports. First two are connected to a switch and
LACP/LAG is enabled. Third and Fourth ports connect to another switch
with another LAG group. I was thinking create two mode 4 bonds and
bond those bonds to mode 1 (Active/Passive) bond.  But it seems this
is not supported yet in kernel (?). How do you guys handle this kind
of situation.  (And yes without using SMLT between switches).

Thanks
Paras.