[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 15 15:03:15 UTC 2011

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>>> But isn't everyone today using laptops for everyday use?
>>
>> this is what some braindead developers seems to think
>> but it is not true nor will it never get true!
>>
>> why in the world should i use a laptop in my office if
>> i can have a Core i7 Quad combined with much more and
>> better hardware as ever possible in a laptop?
>
> Don't you think you are in a very small minority,
> like 1% of the world?

Nope. And certainly not from where I've sat for several years.

> What percentage are using iPhones and Androids to access the internet?
> I'd guess it is already over 50%.

I'd guess you're massively wrong.

And before you start, are you prepared to put down, out of your personal
wallet, the money for eye surgery for me, to give me 15/20 vision, so I
can read the damn thing? You *really* enjoy looking at videos, or even
trying to read email, either at 2-3 words per line, or in 3 point type?
And while we're at it, I suggest you look at, say, the official MySQL
documentation on your itty-bitty-screen. I do it, on a browser set at
about a quarter of a 22" diagonal screen, and *still* see the idiots have
some of the formatting set so that it overprints.

        mark "wants a better ->telephone<-, to TALK to people"