[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Tue Nov 15 15:14:03 UTC 2011

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>>> But isn't everyone today using laptops for everyday use?
>>>
>> this is what some braindead developers seems to think
>> but it is not true nor will it never get true!
>>
>> why in the world should i use a laptop in my office if
>> i can have a Core i7 Quad combined with much more and
>> better hardware as ever possible in a laptop?
>>

> Don't you think you are in a very small minority,
> like 1% of the world?
>
> What percentage are using iPhones and Androids to access the internet?
> I'd guess it is already over 50%.

So what - I use an iPhone to read my mail when out and about, but my
real work happens on a desk-top
- dual 22" monitors, average 10+ open applications, run a virtualbox
with windoze XP for a realtor app that only works on IE (yeah, go
figure, we are in 2011 and they force everyone to use IE).
Long live the desktop!!