[CentOS] Centos6 - Xfce - howto add usb automount

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Nov 15 16:03:59 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/15/2011 04:50 PM, Mihai T. Lazarescu piše:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 04:29:08PM +0100, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
>
>> Op 15-11-11 16:11, Johan Vermeulen schreef:
>>> dear all,
>>>
>>> I configured Xfce on an Centos6 minimal install, I think its very fast,
>>> even on al 512Mb machine.
>>>
>>> But I don't have any clue how to make a usb automount on this.
>>>
>>> Anybody can help me with this?
>>>
>>> greetings, James
>>
>> answering my own question here --->  by installing Nautilus. That easy !
>
> Nautilus is heavy, defeats somehow the whole purpose of using
> XFCE. :-)
>
> I'd suggest:
>
>      Thunar --daemon
>
> to handle media automounting.
>
> Mihai

For NFS automounting I use autofs and create a link for that directory
to some other location (symlink) when you already mounted that directory
with "cd <name>" or "ls <name>".

So when I open symlink, NFS mount is automaticaly mounted.

Maybe you can use that for USB's.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)