[CentOS] Centos6 - Xfce - howto add usb automount

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 16:59:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> But the autofs package contains automount, and that is what handles USB
> drives, etc.

Seriously, this isn't the case with the normal gnome automounting of usb
devices.  I've just tried uninstalling autofs and it merrily continues
working.  I've not poked under the skin of gnome to know what actually goes
on, but figured udev's involved at some stage along with dbus.  udisks seems
to support that logic, but I really don't know the specifics.

jh