[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:24:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

>> In the US, being dedicated to one's family means, among other things,
>> that you will buy them electronic devices.
>
> My wife doesn't even have an iPod yet, does that make me a bad person?  ;)

Only if she likes music and you don't sing all the time...

> I'd say:
>
> In the UK, being dedicated to one's family means, among other things,
> finding
> ways to avoid buying most electronic devices.

It just got worse here with the Kindle fire release.  Aside from being
a nice toy it will have an account attached for instant purchases from
Amazon.

> I buy old computer games, and she's *just* gone onto a £5 pounds a month
> mobile contract.  You don't *have* to fully engage with modern society :)

Maybe, if all your friends and interests are local, and you don't
travel yourself.  Even my family is spread across most of the country
these days.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com