[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Tue Nov 15 22:54:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:47:24PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> but why in the world is an extra repo needed for security-updates?
> it is like a bad joke installing a os and have to search how
> to install a repo for ESSENTIAL updates while most people
> think "i have a package manager and get updates"

The poster asked if he should use CR; I merely questioned whether
security updates were important to him - I did not pass judgment on
whether the design and implementation of the CR repo was "good" or
"sane".  My personal opinion on the issue is that CR is a solution to
the wrong problem and that having it set as opt-in serves no ones best
interests.  But it is what it is and if one requires security updates
then one should likely use CR as there is no other alternative
presently.

							John
--
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.

-- Diogenes of Sinope (412 BC - 323 BC), Cynic philosopher of ancient Greece