[CentOS] clustering

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Nov 16 03:42:10 UTC 2011

On 11/15/11 7:09 PM, Tony Schreiner wrote:
> I recommend you check out ROCKS
>
> http://www.rocksclusters.org

awhile back I setup a little test OSCAR cluster, which used CentOS, and
found it quite nicely packaged and easy to deploy with a rich set of
tools...   but I have no idea where its gone since (and this was years ago)

IIRC (again, this was years ago), you setup Oscar on a master server
running CentOS with a pile of slaves 'behind' it, then net boot up the
slaves and they install themselves off the master, and run whatever MPI
applications you have for the cluster, deployed and managed by the
master.   Ganglia was used to monitor the whole mess.   It had a bunch
of other stuff that I forget what all, as basically we decided it wasn't
suitable for where we were going so put it aside.

ah, here's the project webpile...
http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/trac/oscar