[CentOS] not using LVM for Linux VM guests?

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Nov 16 23:31:14 UTC 2011

We use who disk LVM on our VMs.  No partitioning except for the root disk which is separate for all our VMs.  Since for us the root disks are largely static and all other components are on the full disk LVM volumes growing them doesn't require a reboot at all.  Just rescan the scsi bus and resize.  Done!