[CentOS] CentOS 6 smb authentication?

Ron Young ronyoung at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 17 18:11:56 UTC 2011

I just installed win 7 pro @home in order to be more compatible with
my new @work environment.  I am likewise having a problem with samba
shares.  The samba shares are on a C5.7 server and were readily
available from the same machine running XP for the last couple of
years.

The new w7pro install is on the same network as the previous XP
install on that machine and in fact has the same IP address as the
former XP os.

Now with the fresh install of w7pro I cannot see any of the samba
shares from the w7pro machine.  All of the googled solutions I have
found so far have not worked.  I have added a couple of entries to the
smb.conf that were suggested and restarted smb but no joy.

Anyone have pointers that may get me going again?

Regards,

Ron Young
919-621-9015
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronhyoung

Little tiny dreams require little tiny thoughts and little tiny steps.
Great big dreams require great big thoughts and little tiny steps.
Kosh: The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.