[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 01:40:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:38 AM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> That said, what in Dogs name does this thread have to do with
> CentOS??    Can we please STOP already?

Hi,

Not wanting to drag out this topic, or post anything inflamatory. Also
I am not necessarily replying only to John, but to the thread in
general :-)

Where I work, a number of staff are being given ipods and ipads to use
corporate web applications. The system is eventually going to
completely replace a network of thin clients around the place.

In my opinion, the touch screen creates a whole new paradigm for
computing. The downside of this paradigm shift, is that our employee
facing systems do need to be updated to fully support touch screens.

In our tests, we have found users WANT to use an ipod to help them
with their work. And when they use an ipod, they take more pride in
their work, and make less errors. And when they do make errors, they
tend to fix them on the spot.

This all has something to do with CentOS in a round-about way. I am
using CentOS to host our corporate web apps in a tomcat6 instance.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Regards,

Dan