[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 18 03:59:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 11:14 -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >> Am 17.11.2011 14:44, schrieb Les Mikesell:
> <snip>
> > As for the majority... more than 50% of all phones sold now are smart
> > phones. Soon everyone, everywhere will have one.
>
> Ah, now I understand: you've drunk the Kool-Aid.
>
> No, NOT everyone will have one. Not everyone *wants* one. Try looking at
> the surveys that happen every year or two, and something like 2/3rds of
> older Americans, and a good percentage of younger, only want A PHONE THAT
> WORKS, so that they can call someone and do this thing called "talk". They
> don't want to screw around with a phone.
>
> And that's not going to change... unless, as I said yesterday, you,
> personally, want to spring the money out of your pocket for, say, me to
> have eye surgery, so I get 15/20 vision, so I can *read* the friggin'
> email at 4 point type.
----
Clearly you are out of touch with reality here...

http://www.mobilechoices.co.uk/news/older-mobile-users-switch-on-to-smartphones-091111.html

>From which I quote...

"While a US study found that just 30% of over-55s currently have
smartphones, their rate of ownership jumped by 5% in the last three
months alone."

Survey source... Nielson

Here's a hint... they have this technology called pinch to zoom which
allows you to make everything large enough to compensate for your vision
problems.

Craig

believed to be clean.