[CentOS] External HDD query

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:32:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the initial
> setup with the EPEL package the only tricky part is adding the web
> password for the admin user and possibly others if you want logins
> restricted to seeing only certain hosts.  See the comments in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf about that.

I forgot one step there - you also need to edit
/etc/BackupPC/config.pl to add the that web login user name to
$Conf{CgiAdminUsers}.   If you don't log in with a name that matches,
you don't see much in the web interface.

And if you want the email warnings about failed backups to work you'll
probably need to add a SMART_HOST setting to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc -
but that's not really specific to backuppc.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com