[CentOS] Antwort: Applications on different deskops at startup

Andreas Reschke Andreas.Reschke at behrgroup.com
Thu Nov 24 11:43:32 UTC 2011

centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 24.11.2011 12:27:34:

> Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>
> Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org
>
> 24.11.2011 12:27
>
> Bitte antworten an
> CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
>
> An
>
> centos at centos.org
>
> Kopie
>
> Thema
>
> [CentOS] Applications on different deskops at startup
>

> Hi,
>
> I've just converted my laptop to Centos 6 from Fedora ( gnome 3 made
> the latest fedora unusable ) and I have one problem.
>
> I have several desktops with applications running on them, mainly
> terminals. At login all the terminals start on desktop 1. How do I get
> them to start on the desktop they were running on at logoff. That's how
> it worked on Fedora 13/14 so it must be popssible ;-) just can't find
> the magic.
>
> Thanks,,
>
> Tony

Hi Tony,

I've the same problem. That's my solution:

#!/bin/sh
#set -x
ProcessWindows(){
    echo "Application= $Application"
    case "$Application" in
        "Lotus") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 0;;
        "Firefox") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 1;;
        "Office") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 2;;
        "secpanel") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 4;;
        "konsole") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 5;;
        "File") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 6;;
    esac
# done
}

sleep 10
Application="Lotus"; ProcessWindows
Application="Firefox"; ProcessWindows
Application="Office"; ProcessWindows
Application="secpanel"; ProcessWindows
Application="konsole"; ProcessWindows
Application="File"; ProcessWindows

 I've put this script in the autostart folder.

Gruß
Andreas Reschke
BG-IM173
Unix/Linux-Administration