[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Guitart Francesc francesc.guitart at enise.fr
Mon Nov 28 08:22:40 UTC 2011

Le 26/11/2011 20:01, John R Pierce a écrit :
> On 11/26/11 2:42 AM, Guitart Francesc wrote:
>> I'm talking of one local account in the CentOS machine without
>> permissions to the network (this is why i'm trying to give them acces to
>> the NAS as your own network user account) where the users run a
>> calculation system.
>
> if all the user processes are running as the same user ID, how do you
> expect the file system to know what user is supposed to have access to
> which share?   what you're asking for is physically impossible.   once
> user "A" logged on as unix user X opens his user 'ShareA', *all*
> processes running as unix user "X" will have access to it.   if you
> thought it worked differently on Debian, you were wrong.

Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear. What I can do with Debian is to
forget the SMB password every time I get connect to NAS, in such a way
several network users can use the same local account. While, if I
understand correctly, you are talking on the assumption of one NFS
connection.

Thanks again.

--
Francesc Guitart