[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Guitart Francesc francesc.guitart at enise.fr
Mon Nov 28 13:40:50 UTC 2011

Le 28/11/2011 09:27, Fajar Priyanto a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Guitart Francesc
> <francesc.guitart at enise.fr>  wrote:
>>> if all the user processes are running as the same user ID, how do you
>>> expect the file system to know what user is supposed to have access to
>>> which share?   what you're asking for is physically impossible.   once
>>> user "A" logged on as unix user X opens his user 'ShareA', *all*
>>> processes running as unix user "X" will have access to it.   if you
>>> thought it worked differently on Debian, you were wrong.
>>>

>> Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear. What I can do with Debian is to
>> forget the SMB password every time I get connect to NAS, in such a way
>> several network users can use the same local account. While, if I
>> understand correctly, you are talking on the assumption of one NFS
>> connection.
>
> I don't get it.
> 1. Why use shared account?

Good question. This is a server that was already running when I started
working here. I don't know the software that has installed and prefer
not to touch a lot. That's the only reason I have for to continue using
one local user account shared by several people.

> 2. If you are using the same account, how can you prevent user from
> accessing each other's folder?
> /data/userA
> /data/userB
> The above ownership and permission won't do any good.

I use the same local account to log into the machine. It is when I try
to connect to the NAS that I use different user accounts. After I log
out and continue to be able to access the resources of all users who
have connected to the NAS above.

In contrast, with Debian, I get connected to NAS asking me the password,
after I get disconnect and when I try to reconnect I have to tape the
password again.

--
Francesc Guitart