[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Guitart Francesc francesc.guitart at enise.fr
Tue Nov 29 12:02:37 UTC 2011

Le 28/11/2011 17:23, Les Mikesell a écrit :

(...)

> This is a little bit different from normal mounting - that is a
> feature built into the Nautilus file manager.  It will be able to
> copy/paste/edit//execute files from the remote share as internal
> operations and  but it doesn't make them available as part of the file
> system.  In this case access would be limited to the instance of
> Nautilus that made the connection, much like it would with smbclient.

This explanation links perfectly with what happens to me, now I
understand a little better.

>> I disconnected from the NAS as userB ejecting the volume on the Desktop.
>>
>> Now, from any window of Gnome Desktop I write smb://ip-nas/ and I have
>> access to sharedA and sharedB.
>>
>> In fact, if I do netstat -an I can see four connections to the NAS, two
>> for every user (139 tcp and 445 tcp) what are saying I'm not really
>> disconnected from the NAS.
>>
>> How can I really disconnect from NAS? Or how can I force the password
>> being asked every time I try to access to one shared ressource as
>> happens in Debian?
>
> Logging out of the Gnome desktop should do it, but the whole concept
> seems very wrong.  Even if all the users are working at the same
> console, they should have different logins.

Yes, I had alredy tested and it works, logging out of Gnome disconnect
from NAS but also kill processes running when I just wanted to release a
volume SMB.

I know it's not a good solution from the point of view of security, but
they work like that for a long time and I just recently work here.
Furthermore I'm not familiar with this machine and the services that
provide. Also looks set to be replaced within a couple of months, so I
did not want to spend much time, changing the way users work, and
risking of breaking something in a compute server used constantly with
something that has a period of life so short.

--
Francesc Guitart