[CentOS] hello

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Nov 29 13:23:39 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/29/2011 12:39 PM, LinuxIsOne piše:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Rob Kampen<rkampen at kampensonline.com>wrote:
>
> Then I should download:
>
> CentOS-6.0-x86_64-LiveDVD.iso<http://mirrors.hns.net.in/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-LiveDVD.iso>
>
> since I would first check if it suits the hardware and then from the same
> DVD (on which I copy the image after downloading, of the above) I would
> install, would it be complete then? Complete in the sense that, it would
> have all the things...(since we are downloading the DVD, it should
> have.......)...??

My advice is to download LiveDVD for testing porposes, but regular DVD
for installation. That way you will not miss out on anything from
regular installation (in case LiveDVD is missing anything).

CentOS after installation is exactly what RHEL/upstream distributes, so
there can/will be missing nVidia/ATI and possibly some other drivers.
Those can be found in third party repositories
(http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories) so do not
worry about it, you will be able to set up your PC with all the drivers,
with little meddling.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)