[CentOS] hello

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Nov 29 16:36:15 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/29/2011 05:00 PM, LinuxIsOne piše:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Karanbir Singh<mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:
>
> For interactive feedback of this nature, you should consider using the
>> irc channel - that tends to be a lot more tailored to such conversations.
>>

> I may be old fashioned, but I've never use the IRC stuff. I prefer emails,
> but yes I came to know that it should be non-interactive if it is a CentOS
> mailing list.

Right now, there are 50-80 mails per day on this mail list alone,
without interactive one-sentence mails in 2-3 people conversation.

And there are 1000+ receivers of mail from mailing list (1+ million of
installations ), not interested in your problems. For them, reading
interactive mail is FUD, unnecessary junk wasting their time. Imagine
communication for just 10 beginners asking/posting 20-30 mails (with
replies of others).

So please respect them and use IRC/Forums for "trivial" support, and use
this mailing list for more heavier questions and discussions (not
producing high mail volume).

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)