[CentOS] how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

Scot P. Floess sfloess at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 19:08:43 UTC 2011

You could setup Cobbler and koan install the other machines from the
Cobbler server.

Cobbler uses a nice templating engine (Cheetah) and I've managed to use
that within the kickstart file Cobbler serves up to specify packages to
install for a given machine.  So for example on Machine A, I can have the
foo package installed and on Machine B install the bar package...

Cobbler even supports PXE booting clients to get installs started...