[CentOS] how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

Scot P. Floess sfloess at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 19:54:46 UTC 2011

I seriously recommend it :)  Sorry, I wasn't sure if Les' response was
overly sarcastic ;)

If you are interested in Cobbler - I'd be more than happy to give you some
pointers, as well as the kickstart file I use - it should be reusable for
you...especially with CentOS 6.0 and earlier plus Fedora 15 and earlier
(some changes to kickstarts with Fedora 16 - notably  %package needs a
%end)...

Anyway, I do a ton of virtualization work at home (its a hobby), and I use
Cobbler for them as well as my four baremetal machines...once you learn it
- its a huge time savings...and very reusable...