[CentOS] CentOS5 w winbind samba integrated w Win2k8 AD

james

james at wintercastle.net
Wed Nov 30 14:18:20 UTC 2011

Is anyone out there using CentOS5 integrated correctly with a Windows 2008
domain so that active directory authentication can be used for samba
shares? I have tried the newer RPM's from SERNET up to 3.5 and 3.6 without
any luck. The usual behavior is wbinfo returns the active directory users
and groups but 'getent passwd' only returns local users. I also tried
compiling samba from source but could never get winbind to properly
connect.

I have tried this with Ubunutu and CentOS6 and both of those "just worked".
So if this is working for anyone with CentOS5 would you be willing to share
your samba version, samba conf and pam setup? I've put a lot of time into
it and also worked with the samba mailing lists without any success.

Thanks