[CentOS] CentOS fileserver migrating to ZFS appliance

Fri Nov 25 14:00:04 UTC 2011
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Hey folks,

I've got a CentOS / RHEL (5.x) environment and am in the process of
migrating the 5.3 file server over to an Oracle/Sun 7120 appliance.

I want to keep my main 5.3 server as our NIS server but am moving NFS
and Samba functions over to the appliance.

NFS was a no brainer as one can imagine.  Samba seems a bit trickier
because of the authentication requirements in the ZFS server.  They
seem to want a domain controller which we don't have.

Has anyone been here recently and can help with how to config the
appliance for Samba but to authenticate from NIS ?

thanks,
-Alan