[CentOS] checking package versions in various releases

Wed Nov 30 15:28:05 UTC 2011
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Hey folks,

I am sure there must be an easy way to do this.

I am currently running 5.3 and "yum info db4" tells me that they have
version 4.3.29.

Is that telling me that this is the version in 5.3?  Or that this is
the latest version in the 5.x stream?

If the former, then how do I find out what release of the db4 software
(sleepcat berkeley db) is in 5.7?

I don't want to "yum upgrade" just yet.  I have to research a number
of things before upgrading, and this is one of them.

thanks,
-Alan