[CentOS] redhat vs centos

Tue Nov 1 16:57:55 UTC 2011
David C. Miller <millerdc at fusion.gat.com>

----- Original Message -----

You can go with the self support option. Seeing you are willing to go with CentOS as long as there are timely updates. That tells me you dont really care about getting "support" from the vendor. You can pick up workstation self support for $50 and server for $350 a year. That means you will get all the updates but just can't call or open tickets with Redhat. The limitations imposed by Redhat for "Support" they will provide are artificial. Although Redhat says it will only support 2 sockets and x amount of virtual guests you can still do it.