[CentOS] VirtualBox on CentOS 6.0?

Wed Nov 2 08:55:54 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 11/02/2011 09:10 AM, Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez piše:

> I had problems with VBox 4 in my CentOS6, so I had to install
> VirtualBox-3.2-3.2.12_68302_rhel6-1.x86_64 and I am very very happy with it.
> VMware Server meant a lot of problems with new kernels and the patch
> any-any... so I think Virtualbox does the trick.

I use VBox 4.x (there is even repository for it) without problems. There
was some initial problems with USB, but it was solved 3-4 months ago.

Notice that you can not upgrade 4.0.x to 4.1.x. You have to uninstall
previous minor version to install newer minor version, but all settings
remain the same.

On my windows Guest (banking app and sometimes for support) sometimes,
after initial start, I have to restart guest to recognize card reader,
but once it is up it is rock solid.

Use VBox share folders for nice "network" file sharing.

P.S. Please do not top post. On this list please write (in most cases)
bellow the original text, or in between.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...