[CentOS] VirtualBox on CentOS 6.0?

Wed Nov 2 14:33:23 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Christopher Chan wrote:

> 4.0.x was okay for me (Windows server guests) but 4.1.4 was a complete
> disaster. The guest literally moved at SNAIL pace. Removed all cores
> save one and then it moved at TURTLE pace. 4.1.x is do not touch even
> with a ten foot pole. At least with Windows guests.

This doesn't appear to be universally true.  We've run 4.1.4 with Windows 7
64bit on top of CentOS 6 and not seen any noticeable performance problems.
The way you describe it makes me think it's not the sort of thing we could not
notice if it was happening.  This was Windows 7 Enterprise as opposed to a
server OS guest.

jh