[CentOS] Odd ethernet interface

Sat Nov 5 00:32:20 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 11/05/2011 01:10 AM, Mufit Eribol piše:
> Hello,
>
> I have a CentOS 6 VM on a CentOS 6 host. This VM has two ethernet
> interfaces, eth0 and eth1. It was working nice. All of a sudden eth1
> stopped working as expected. Kernel started to give the message below:
>
> kernel: udev: renamed network interface eth2 to eth2-eth1
>
> There is no any eth2 or eth2-eth1 in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. I
> really don't know where it is coming from.

Your eth1 is being automaticaly renamed to eth2-eth1 for some reason.
Have you changed anything in config(s) connected to eth1?

Are name and device name in ifcfg-ethX consistent? Have you reshufled
your configs and left loose end somewhere?

Do you maybe have NetworkManager still active?

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...