[CentOS] Linux hosts file /etc/hosts

Tue Nov 8 18:09:51 UTC 2011
Jonathan Vomacka <juvix88 at gmail.com>

Okay so the host file only allows system applications to understand what
IP's are bound to a specific host, but in actuality, DNS has to be setup
correctly in terms of a public server.

Is my understanding is correct now, then I think I am good to go.
Thanks for all your help who responded to this thread Gentlemen.