[CentOS] coordinated NIS and LDAP servers

Tue Nov 8 23:56:14 UTC 2011
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 03:50:07PM -0800, Jonathan Nilsson wrote:
> I have not used FreeIPA on CentOS. As I said previously, I highly recommend
> using Fedora servers as your FreeIPA servers, because it will install much
> easier and you should be able to get support from the freeipa-users mailing
> list.
>
> If you are set on using CentOS, I think you will need to use the RedHat IPA
> product instead. But the only success stories that I am familiar with are
> from the v1.x IPA product, which is old.
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-build-rhel-ipa-rpms-for-centos-5

I'm surprised FreeIPA isn't in EPEL.  Maybe this is because it's a
layered product offering by RHEL?

It's painful to run Fedora as a production server unfortunately with
its short lifecycle (at least in Enterprisey environments).

Ray