[CentOS] Postfix mail server procedure

Wed Nov 9 08:58:08 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 09:46:51AM +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am 09.11.2011 07:19, schrieb Leon Jacobs:
>
> A strong NO!

Emphatically seconded.

> That "howto" tinstructs to run through source installs on CentOS. A
> really bad habit. Even completeley unnecessary.

Most of the howto's I've seen from howtoscrewupaperfectlygoodserverforge.com
should be avoided like an STD; this one is a perfect example.  Any
"howto" that advocates disabling selinux was written by someone that is
either incompetent or just plain lazy; either quality is undesired in an
admin.

It would be in the best interests of all parties if such "howto"
articles from howtoforge.com were avoided here in the future.

							John
--
Politics is just show business for ugly people.

-- Jay Leno