[CentOS] Postfix mail server procedure

Thu Nov 10 00:00:40 UTC 2011
Simon Slater <pyevet at iinet.net.au>

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:33:23 Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 10:10 AM, Marius Vaitiekunas wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Maybe, somebody could recommend any good books about complete mail
> > server open source solution? Sorry for OT.
>
> I found the "Postfix: the Definitive Guide" book by Kyle D. Dent very
> useful to learn about Postfix. There is also "The Book of Postfix" by
> Ralf Hildebrandt and Patrick Koetter. Do a search on Amazon to find more
> references to Postfix.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

+1 for K D Dent's book.  I had a working mail setup (fetchmail - postfix -
dovecot) from scratch in less time than I thought, having no previous
experience at all with mail systems.  Still have more to add on yet.

"Essential System Admin" by Aeleen Frisch gives a good overview, explanation
of the stages or steps of mail systems, giving suggestions to appropriate
software without confining itself to details of  any one in particular.  I
found O'Reilly's e-book format very convenient to obtain.  Delivery of books
can take a while.

--
Simon Slater