[CentOS] CentOS 6 Active Directory 2008 R2 kickstart

Thu Nov 10 11:01:20 UTC 2011
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, James A. Peltier wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone have a working CentOS 6 kickstart file that they are using to bind a
> host to Active Directory 2008 R2?  I'm working on a full AD/Linux
> environment and would like to stand on the shoulders of others if they are
> already doing such a thing.  I'm thinking I need to enable LDAP and
> Kerberos, although Winbind might also be the key here.
>
> The config will ideally get the UID and GID from the AD UNIX Attributes tab
> and not some random UID/GID hash.

There are quite a few pieces to put together here.

You want a correct /etc/krb5.conf, /etc/sssd/sssd.conf, /etc/samba/smb.conf,
and it makes sense for you to understand them.

This might be a starting point for the sssd end:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/chap-SSSD_User_Guide-Configuring_Domains.html

That'll happily use AD SFU attributes, and kerberos integration with AD, with
kerberos tickets being used where they can (samba mounts, ssh, etc.).

jh