[CentOS] Misterious hang

Thu Nov 10 14:59:14 UTC 2011
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org>

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:25 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Any clue where to look for the cause?
>
> Two questions: is there anything on the console screen? Does it just hang,
> or reboot?
>
> If the latter, and there's nothing in the logs, it's possible activating
> openLDAP was just coincidental with the problem, and I'd start worrying
> about hardware problems.

1. It's a VM, the console looks black. Typing something on keyboard
doesn't bring back the console to alive.
It's also unresponsive to ping.

2. It's just hang. Not reboot. I have to power off the VM and power on.
The ESXi host has many VM in it and only my that VM has problem.

No specific time of hang.

Only thing I can try is to deactivate auditd. Let's see if it survives
more than one day without hang.